The London PEN meet regularly for informal coffee mornings to discuss current issues and challenges in the sector. Through regular meetings, workshops and online conversations our members support each other in their roles both individually and through group projects.
As an example, topics regularly covered are:
- Preparing business cases for public engagement
- Building internal public engagement networks
- Opportunities for collaboration
- Culture change strategies
- Funding for public engagement work and projects
- Developing and delivering public engagement training for researchers
- Examples of public engagement practice
- Drafting and delivering institutional public engagement strategies
- National competitions, public engagement funding calls, and initiatives
- Training and development for public engagement professionals
If you are interested in joining us please contact us through the webform, telling us a little bit about your role and why you’d like to be involved in the group. We are particularly interested in hearing from people who:
- Work with researchers and/or students in a HEI or research establishment,
- Support public engagement activity as a primary aspect of their role (rather than delivering public engagement or outreach activities themselves as the main part of their role).
- Have a remit to “embed and/or support growth of public engagement” within their institution/department.